Friday, August 13, 2010

Book # 43 SEX, DRUGS, & COCOA PUFFS By: Chuck Klosterman


Hunter S. Thompson had a wonderful ability to throw himself into the articles he was writing to the point where he himself was a character (long live gonzo journalism); while Sex, Drugs, & Cocoa Puffs isn't entirely Thompson reminiscent, Chuck Klosterman kept me drawn to the page with a mix of pop culture, politics, sports, and personal stories.

From his thoughts on When Harry Met Sally, to Zack Morris, to a few short days he spent with a Van Halen cover band- I can honestly say not only was I entertained, but constantly re-evaluating my thoughts on many of the more important topics that came up.

I'm not sure what I expected when jumping into this book (I read it based on many recommendations when working at the bookstore), but I'm happy to say what I got was something constantly humorous and thought-provoking.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment