Monday, December 5, 2011

Books I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed...


Valley of the Dolls By: Jacqueline Susann

Yup. Trashtastic. But ya know what? I loved it. It was everything I wanted from a pill-popping, plastic surgery, 1960s New York Soap opera. I’m not saying that it was quality literature by any means- but I’ll probably read it for a second time one day. (the movie was painful in comparison, btw)

Peyton Place By: Grace Metalious

Again- Grace Metalious created a trashy sub genre here- but nonetheless I like the scandal. Very comparable to Valley of the Dolls in some way (that includes a sub-par film adaptation)

Gossip Girl By: Cecily von Ziegesar

I like these books the way most people like the Kardashians- I’m fully aware that they’re stupid, superficial, and probably making me less of a human being- but I enjoy them anyway.

Twilight By: Stephanie Meyer

The writing is unforgivably terrible. The heroine is unlikeable. Her main love interest is basically a stalker. The vampires are total pussies who don’t drink human blood (isn’t that what vampire means?).

But still. I enjoyed these.

__________________________

Moral of the story? Sometimes you just need to zone out go ahead and relish in trashiness.

PS- I’m Team Jacob. Edward’s obsessive, controlling, & creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment