Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Reading: THE HEIST By: Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg

I'd never read Evanovich or Goldberg prior to reading The Heist.  I know that Evanovich has some of the most loyal and enthusiastic fans in existence and Goldberg is responsible for one of the best shows in TV history, Monk.  I always got the impression that Evanovich wrote a very fluffy, on the surface kind of fiction and after reading this it turns our I was right.

Kate O'Hare is a fierce FBI agent and Nick Fox is the world's most wanted thief- naturally they are both hotties who are inexplicably drawn to each other.  What this novel lacks in depth it makes up for in splashy Ocean's 11 style fun.  A jewel heist in San Francisco, a Mexican dug lord's (not quite real) empire, and the private island home of a criminal investment banker- the characters are hollow and fun, but the stars of this novel are all the exotic locales.

I may not be picking up one of Evanovich's other novels first thing, but I'll definitely read book two of this new series.


No comments:

Post a Comment